READ: OUR ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY (AUP)
REFUND POLICY NOTICE: For Web-hosting accounts, any prepayment covering a specific hosting term (monthly, quarterly, yearly) is a commitment to the chosen term. Once a term has commenced, it can no longer be refunded. Therefore, all Payments to The Global Web Company are Non-Refundable, except where we were unable to provide or deliver the services that you ordered, and only after we have determined that we are unable to provide such services. When closing or cancelling a service, prepayments covering the cuurrent, running term cannot be refunded. The customer must schedule a cancellation to take effect at the next renewal date. Tools are available in the customer’s billing account that allow for such scheduled automatic cancellations. Customers may be credited only with the full value of advanced payments beyond the initial prepayment period, such as would be the case when a customer pays for two terms in advance. In such a case, only the second term is fully refundable if never commenced. Any term commenced is due. To avoid any type of misunderstanding as to what we can or cannot do, please contact us to make sure that we can indeed provide the services that you desire. HOSTING AGREEMENTS: All current and prospective Hosting customers (Shared/Virtual, Managed, E-Mail, Resellers, SiteBuilder) must agree to all of our terms and conditions as stipulated in our Terms of Service (TOS), Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), and Reseller Agreement.
DOMAIN AGREEMENTS: All current and prospective domain name registrants must agree and adhere to our Domain Registration Policies. Domain names are absolutely non-refundable, even in the case of multiyear prepayments.
The information below allows you to contact The Global Web Company at all times to submit your support requests or to make general queries:
- Existing Customers: Use the Trouble Ticket System for customer support.
- Prospective Customers: Use the Pre-Sale Contact Form.
The Global Web Company
P.O. Box 1150
Stroudsburg, PA 18360, USA
Phone: (973) 685-6114
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The Global Web Company provides Internet World Wide Web page hosting, Marketing, and Development. The Global Web Company has certain legal and ethical responsibilities consisting with the use of its server and equipment involved in these services.
The Global Web Company general policy is to act as a provider of Internet presence. The Global Web Company has specific ethical concerns regarding the use of its computers detailed below. The Global Web Company reserves the right to suspend or cancel a customer’s access to any or all services provided by The Global Web Company when we decide that the account has been inappropriately used.
The Global Web Company’s Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) is provided to give our customers and users a clear understanding of what The Global Web Company expects of them while using the service. All users of The Global Web Company’s Internet services: those who access some of our Services but do not have accounts, as well as those who pay a service fee to subscribe to the Services, must comply with this AUP and our Terms of Service (TOS).
Use of The Global Web Company Service constitutes acceptance and agreement to The Global Web Company’s AUP as well as The Global Web Company’s Terms of Service (TOS).
We support the uncensored flow of information and ideas over the Internet and do not actively monitor subscriber activity under normal circumstances. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any web site, e-mail transmission, newsgroups, or other material created or accessible over or through the services, except for certain proprietary Web sites. However, in accordance with our Terms of Service (TOS), we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP. The Global Web Company may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrongdoing. Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or immediate termination of either your The Global Web Company account or other actions as detailed in Section 3 WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.
This document is intended to provide a basic understand of The Global Web Company’s Acceptable Use Policy. The following are guidelines for the establishment and enforcement of The Global Web Company’s AUP: § Ensure reliable service to our customers
§ Ensure security and privacy of our systems and network, as well as the networks and systems of others
§ Comply with existing laws
§ Maintain our reputation as a responsible service provider
§ Encourage responsible use of the Internet and discourage activities which reduce the usability and value of Internet services
§ Preserve the value of Internet resources as a conduit for free expression and exchange of information
§ Preserve the privacy and security of individual users
The Global Web Company intends to provide its customers access to everything the Internet has to offer. While the The Global Web Company is firmly committed to the principles of free speech, certain activities that may be damaging to the resources of both the The Global Web Company and the Internet and cannot be permitted under the guise of free speech. The resources of the The Global Web Company and the Internet are limited, and abuse of these resources by one user has a negative impact on the entire community.
We do not routinely monitor the activity of accounts except for measurements of system utilization and the preparation of billing records. However, in our efforts to promote good citizenship within the Internet community, we will respond appropriately if we become aware of inappropriate use of our service.
You may not use your dedicated server or virtual site to publish material, which The Global Web Company determines, at its sole discretion, to be unlawful, indecent or objectionable. For purposes of this policy, “material” refers to all forms of communications including narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, logos), executable programs, video recordings, and audio recordings.
If a The Global Web Company account is used to violate the Acceptable Use Policy or our TOS, we reserve the right to terminate your service without notice. We prefer to advise customers of inappropriate behavior and any necessary corrective action, however, flagrant violations of the Acceptable Use Policy will result in immediate termination of service. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.
As a member of our network community, you must use your Internet access responsibly. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us.
VIOLATIONS OF The Global Web Company ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
1. Illegal use: The Global Web Company’s services may not be used for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. The Global Web Company reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
2. Harm to minors: Use of the The Global Web Company service to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way, including, but not limited to child pornography.
3. Threats: Use of the The Global Web Company service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
4. Harassment: Use of the The Global Web Company service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.
5. Fraudulent activity: Use of The Global Web Company service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes,” “ponzi schemes,” and “chain letters.”
6. Forgery or impersonation: Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
7. Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM) Use of the The Global Web Company service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of the offending The Global Web Company account.
BEGINNING IMMEDIATELY, anyone hosting websites or services on their server that support spammers or cause any of our IP space to be listed in any of the various Spam Databases will have their server immediately removed from our network. The server will not be reconnected until such time that you agree to remove ANY and ALL traces of the offending material immediately upon reconnection and agree to allow us access to the server to confirm that all material has been COMPLETELY removed. Severe violations may result in immediate and permanent removal of the server from our network without notice to the customer. Any server guilty of a second violation WILL be immediately and permanently removed from our network without notice.
8. E-mail / News Bombing: Malicious intent to impede another person’s use of electronic mail services or news will result in the immediate termination of the offending The Global Web Company account.
9. E-mail / Message Forging: Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the The Global Web Company service is in violation of this AUP.
10. Usenet SPAMing: The Global Web Company has a zero tolerance policy for the use of its network for the posting of messages or commercial advertisements, which violate the rules, regulations, FAQ or charter of any newsgroups or mailing list. Commercial messages that are appropriate under the rules of a newsgroup or mailing list or that are solicited by the recipients are permitted.
11. Unauthorized access: Use of the The Global Web Company service to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of The Global Web Company’s or another entity’s computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data, is expressly prohibited and the offending The Global Web Company account is subject to immediate termination.
12. Copyright or trademark infringement: Use of the The Global Web Company service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
13. Collection of personal data: Use of the The Global Web Company service to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
14. Network disruptions and unfriendly activity: Use of the The Global Web Company service for any activity which affects the ability of other people or systems to use The Global Web Company Services or the Internet. This includes “denial of service” (DOS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, services or equipment, intended or not intended, is prohibited. It is the Member’s responsibility to ensure that their network, Web sites, scripts, and/or services are configured in a secure manner. A Subscriber may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network, Web sites, scripts and/or services for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Subscriber may not permit their network, Web sites, scripts and/or services, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network, Web sites, scripts, and/or services in an illegal or inappropriate manner. Unauthorized entry and/or use of another company and/or individual’s computer system will result in immediate account termination. The Global Web Company will not tolerate any subscriber attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.
15. Fraud: Involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.
16. Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Right: Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated.
17. Distribution of Viruses: Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offense will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.
18. Inappropriate Use of Software: Use of software or any device that would facilitate a continued connection, i.e. pinging, while using The Global Web Company services could result in suspension service. Similarly, use of scripts that disrupt network functionality or consume an exaggerate amount of server resources, including mailing list scripts and other badly programmed and configured software, is not allowed and will lead to suspension or termination of service.
19. Third Party Accountability: The Global Web Company subscribers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their account, that violates guidelines created within the Acceptable Use Policy.
20. Violation Of The Global Web Company Virtual Accounts: It is absolutely forbidden to host IRC servers on Virtual Server Accounts. Virtual Server Accounts found hosting this material will be subject to immediate cancellation without refund. Although allowed, prior authorization is necessary if you wish to host pornographic content.
21. IRC networks: It is absolutely forbidden to host an IRC server that is part of or connected to another IRC network or server. Servers found to be connecting to or part of these networks will be immediately removed from our network without notice. The server will not be reconnected to the network until such time that you agree to completely remove any and all traces of the irc server, and agree to let us have access to your server to confirm that the content has been completely removed. Any server guilty of a second violation will result in immediate account termination.
You are responsible for any misuse of your account, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a friend, family member, guest or employee. Therefore, you must take steps to ensure that others do not gain unauthorized access to your account. In addition, you may not use your account to breach security of another account or attempt to gain unauthorized access to another network or server.
§ Your password provides access to your account. It is your responsibility to keep your password secure.
§ Sharing your password and account access with unauthorized users is prohibited. You should take care to prevent others from using your account since you will be held responsible for such use.
§ Attempting to obtain another user’s account password is strictly prohibited, and may result in termination of service.
§ You must adopt adequate security measures to prevent or minimize unauthorized use of your account.
§ You may not attempt to circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network or account. This includes, but is not limited to, accessing data not intended for you, logging into or making use of a server or account you are not expressly authorized to access, or probing the security of other networks. Use or distribution of tools designed for compromising security is prohibited. Examples of these tools include, but are not limited to, password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools.
§ You may not attempt to interfere with service to any user, host or network (“denial of service attacks”). This includes, but is not limited to, “flooding” of networks, deliberate attempts to overload a service, and attempts to “crash” a host.
§ Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability. The Global Web Company will cooperate fully with investigations of violations of systems or network security at other sites, including cooperating with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected criminal violations.
23. Network Performance
The Global Web Company accounts operate on shared resources. Excessive use or abuse of these shared network resources by one customer may have a negative impact on all other customers. Misuse of network resources in a manner which impairs network and server performance is prohibited by this policy and may result in termination of your account.
You are prohibited from excessive consumption of resources, including CPU time, memory, disk space and session time. You may not use resource-intensive programs which negatively impact other customers or the performances of The Global Web Company systems or networks. The Global Web Company reserves the right to terminate or limit such activities.
24. REPORTING VIOLATIONS OF The Global Web Company AUP
The Global Web Company requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP direct the information to the Abuse Department. Contact us to report abuse.
If available, please provide the following information:
§ The IP address used to commit the alleged violation
§ The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone or offset from GMT
§ Evidence of the alleged violation
E-mail with full header information provides all of the above, as do system log files. Other situations will require different methods of providing the above information. The Global Web Company may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints:
§ Issue written or verbal warnings
§ Suspend the Member’s newsgroup posting privileges
§ Suspend the Member’s account
§ Terminate the Member’s account
§ Bill the Member for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
§ Bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, cause by violations
25. REVISIONS TO THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
The Global Web Company reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP, our Terms of Service (TOS) and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. The Global Web Company is under no obligation to notify customers of any change to its AUP (Acceptable Use Policy). It is the responsibility of each subscriber to visit this page at least every week for possible changes to the Terms of Service (TOS) and AUP. Not being aware or notified of any change cannot be used as an excuse. Each customer will have 15 days following any change to notify us of their intention to cancel service because of disagreement with changes to the present AUP (Acceptable Use Policy).
SUPPORT POLICY FAQ
We maintain a 24/7 Customer Support presence, primarily via our Trouble Ticket System. We always stand ready to resolve any issues you may encounter.
Trouble Ticket System
Our Trouble Ticket System is our premier means of support. This tool allows us to track customer issues in an efficient and organized manner.
While we do not provide direct live phone support (you must leave a message), we track all calls and respond to all queries as soon as possible.
Fast Response Times
We respond to support requests within 24/48 hours. We address issues submitted via Trouble Ticket first, in the order in which they are received.
We Strive for Efficiency
We encourage existing customers to use our Trouble Ticket System to submit issues to us. Your issues will be resolved faster.
Help Us Help You
When asking for support, describe your issues clearly (provide descriptions of error message received and what you were doing when the issue occurred.
What makes us the Best?
In addition to Web-Hosting and Domain Registration, we also provide:
See why our customers us!
- Tabitha M.
Nothing more to say... Just perfect! (The Netherlands)
- Dieudonne B.
Merci en nous aidant à payer sans difficulté nos factures par votre système pay Pal. (Democratic Republic of the Congo)
- Gael R.
Thanks, every thing looks good. Good job body!. Gaël (Canada)